Jake served in the United States Marine Corps from 1999-2007. During that time period he served with 4th Force Reconnaissance, 1st Force Reconnaissance and served a combat tour in Iraq 2003.
Jake is a Police Officer with the City Of El Cajon. His current assignment is the Training Coordinator and Range Master. He is also assigned to SWAT and is attached to the explosive breaching and entry team.
His previous assignments have included Patrol, Gangs, Terrorism, Field Training Officer, Mobile Field Force, and Wellness/Peer Support Team.
Jake has his level 1 Crossfit Trainer Certification, Crossfit Endurance and Crossfit Kids. His athletic background is in endurance based events, crossfit, and powerlifting.
Jake is currently sponsored by Life As Rx, SakTea, and Clinch Gear.
- 2011 Western States Police and Fire Games 1st place (181# weight class) *set national record*
- 2011 World Police and Fire Games 2nd place (198# weight class)
- 2011 SPF Southern California Meet 1st place (198# weight class)
- 2012 Next Level invitational Meet 1st place (198# weight class)
- 2012 National Police and Fire Games 2nd place (198#) *set national record*
Personal Best Lifts
- Bench 358#
- Deadlift 600#
- Squat 530#
- 2010 Southern California Regional Games Competitior
- 2011 Next Level Invitational Series 5th place overall
- 2013 National Police and Fire Games Throw Down 2nd Place
- 2013 Duo Dynasty Partner Event 15th place out of 100 teams
- 2014 Rebel Rising II Partner Event 7th Place
- 2014 East County Clash of the Clans 1st place
- 2014 San Diego Epic Series Elite 5th place
- 2014 National Police and Fire Games Fitness Throw Down 2nd Place
- 2014 WOD Gear Team Series 17th place out of 75 teams.
- 2007 San Diego AFC Half Marathon
- 2008 Carlsbad Marathon
- 2009 La Jolla Half Marathon
- 2009 San Diego Rock and Roll Marathon ( 3 hours 17 minutes)
- 2009 San Diego AFC Half Marathon (1 hour 30 minutes)
- 2009 Marine Corps Marathon Washington DC (3 hours 17 minutes)